It really is easy to do and very quick - honest!
1. colored tulle / netting / mesh fabric in red, white and blue
2. old plastic headbands and bangles
3. a pair of scissors
How to do it
1. cut the tulle into strips - around 25 x 10 cm
2. scrunch them, fold each one in half
3. put the tulle behind the bangle or headband, lift the 2 ends over and push them through the loop and pull tight
Ta - dah!!
5. Have fun wearing your new accessories or use them to decorate the house - the bangles look great on a door handle.
The bangles also make great tutus for dolls and our old ted got a new neck ruffle, using one of the head bands!
Some imaginative play should keep the kids occupied for a while.
You can find more fun free printable downloads and activity ideas here - from fireworks to flipflops, bunting to baseball caps :-)
Ps - if you like these ideas and would like more delivered straight to your inbox, I'd be delighted for you to join my mailing list - I send a newsletter out around once a month, covering seasons, celebrations and any other new ideas I've been playing with.