Chinese New Year, The Year of the Horse 2014
I love posting images on pinterest and watch them being downloaded around the globe.
This horse is now being coloured in, in Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Russia, Paris, Ireland, Norway, USA, Canada and beyond.
Colouring in can be a very rewarding, relaxing and helpful activity for children (and grown ups too!)
Here are 10 benefits of the top off my head
1) quiet time after a long day
2) concentration skills
3) hand eye coordination
4) fine motor skills, pen holding, improve writing ability
5) explore colour, shape, design
6) experiment with colouring materials - pastels, crayons, pens
7) sense of pride in accomplishment
8) frame or display your child's work - it builds self esteem
9) do it with them - quality time together
10) let them know from a young age that we all have the capacity to be creative
If you like this free idea, it would be great if you could hit the 'facebook like', 'twitter' or 'pinit button' below to help me spread the creative word.
Thanks and please visit The ImaginationBox again!