- This no prep ‘Basketball About Me’ art and writing resource, is a creative first week back to school getting to know you activity designed to engage both boys and girls.
- It’s a really unique and playful way for teachers and students to learn more about each other through art and writing, whilst connecting to sport and wellbeing themes.
- Invite students to respond to prompts and questions in a personal and imaginative way, using doodles, words and illustrations to create colorful basketballs celebrating their individuality and uniqueness – different is OK!
- A selection of basketball templates to choose from
- Clear visual instructions
- Photographed colored examples, hand illustrated for inspiration
- Written prompts suitable for back to school, New Year, exploring self care
- Doodle pages for early finishers
- Bulletin board decor ideas
Materials, equipment needed
- Marker pens, colored pencils, scissors
- Pegs or string if you wish to display as a garland
- Use heavyweight paper/ card stock for a better result
- They look great laminated
- Use a black ball point pen and colored markers to create a modern, illustrative style to appeal to slightly older children, grade 5+
- Cut them out and display on the bulletin board, doors, windows, walls
- Peg up on a line as a garland
- Hang them from the ceiling, spinning on a thread, glued back to back
- Also great for lockers and journal covers.
All original artwork ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan