- Celebrate Christmas this with this Instagram style, Dear Santa Christmas ‘Art Phone’, art and writing activity.
- Kids love tech gadgets – engage their interest with this cell phone activity
- Cut out and doodle their own festive ‘art-phone’
- Write a ‘Dear Santa’ letter
- Answer Santa’s text messages
‘Art Phone’ Contents
- Create 9 festive thumbnail doodles or drawings: Christmas Tree – Bauble – Angel -Snowman – Snowflake – Santa – Gift – Holly – Stocking
- Choose from 3 options, according to age and ability: a template with drawings to color, a template with words to draw your own images, a blank template for students to make up their own 9 images and words
- ‘Dear Santa’ Activity – write a letter to Santa
- Text Santa! – answer his questions: Ho Ho Ho! Have you been good this year? What would you like me to bring you? What do you love most about Christmas? How can you help others this Christmas?
- A Christmas card template is included, entitled ‘appy Christmas’ – just print and fold to complete.
- Photographs of finished examples, are also included in the pack for you to print and display in the classroom.
How to use this activity
- Consider the space around the images you draw
- How do the 9 images look collectively?
- Is there an emerging theme or style or color?
- What colors do we associate with words? eg Christmas Tree: green
- Work imaginatively!
- The included example uses marker pens
- The completed art-phones will work well pegged up as a garland or can decorate a wall, door or bulletin board.
- These templates are designed to print on US letter/A4 size paper
- The finished templates measure 4.8 x 9.5 inches.
All original artwork ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan