- Get creative for Mother’s Day. Invite students to create a personal and imaginative keepsake ‘All About Mom/Mum Art Phone’ card – she’ll love it!
- This Instagram style cell phone construction, art and writing resource is stimulating and engaging – older kids love tech gadgets and ‘cool’ art projects.
- Cut out and make a fold out booklet style art-phone, complete the image making on the front cover and the written elements inside.
Contents – front cover
Respond to and illustrate the 6 questions or prompts, with thumbnail doodles:
- Loves to eat
- Favorite flower
- Favorite color
- Most loved animal
- Dream destination
- Loves to wear
Please note each drawing area measures approximately 2.5 x 1.5 inches
The finished art phone measures 10 x 5 inches
Contents – the fold out inside pages
- What do you love most about Mom?
- How will your family celebrate Mother’s Day?
- What can you do to make her day amazing?
- What is your Mom’s favorite way to relax?
- My Mom and Me – draw a picture
- Dear Mom – write a message
- 5 fascinating facts about my Mom
- Mom, you are the best because…..
- With love from….
- Also includes photographed examples to display and use for inspiration
- Clear visual construction instructions
- Measurements: Tablet size 5 x 10 inches
- Each individual drawing square measures 2.5 x 1.5 inches
Canada/ UK/ NZ/ Australia spellings – mum, favourite etc are included
- Heavyweight paper / card stock for printing
- Scissors and glue stick
- Pens / pencils / colored marker pens for the artwork and written work
- String or pegs for garland
How to use this activity
- Encourage students to move beyond words, and ‘draw their answers’
- Consider the space around the images they draw
- How do the 6 images look collectively?
- Is there an emerging theme or style or color?
- What colors do we associate with words?
- The completed art-phones look great pegged up collectively as a classroom garland or can decorate a wall, door or bulletin board.
All original artwork ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan