- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and engage children creatively with this fun, fold out ‘art phone’ activity.
- Make instagram style images on the front cover by responding to the prompts.
- On the inside pages, complete a wordsearch activity and create a selfie ‘release your inner leprechaun’.
Contents – front cover
- What is your Leprechaun name?
- Create thumbnail doodles or drawings for the following 7 sections:
- Irish flag
- Pot of gold
- Leprechaun hat and shoes
- Lucky horse shoe
Contents – fold out inner pages
- Word search activity – find the 18 words relating to St. Patrick’s Day
- Release your inner leprechaun! Have fun creating a Leprechaun selfie using the template provided
- The finished ‘art phone’ measures 5 x 10 inches / 13 x 25.5cm.
- It can be printed on US letter or A4 paper and is spellings are suitable for US, UK, Canada and Australia
How to use this activity
- Consider the space around the images you draw
- How do the 7 images look collectively?
- Is there an emerging theme or style or color?
- What colors do we associate with words? eg shamrock: green
- Work imaginatively!
- The included example uses a black ball point pen and marker pens.
- You will also need card stock for printing, glue sticks and scissors.
- The completed art phones slip comfortably into a back pocket.
- They will work well pegged up as a garland or can decorate a wall, door or bulletin board.
All original artwork ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan